The Wellington Village Community Association has received notification of consent (for right-of-way/easement to provide shared access to the parking at the rear of the lot) and minor variance applications to the Committee of Adjustment for 70 Holland Avenue, a property owned by Michael Beveridge. The applicant is proposing to subdivide the property into two separate parcels of land, one of which will contain the existing 1.5 storey detached dwelling. It is proposed to construct a new 3-storey, three-dwelling unit on the other newly created parcel. The existing shed on the property is to be demolished.
The variances for which approval is being sought are:
1. To permit a reduced total interior side yard setback of 1.56m, whereas the bylaw requires 1.8m.
2. To permit a reduced interior side yard setback of 0.21m, whereas the bylaw requires no less than 0.6m.
3. To permit a reduced lot width of 7.63m, whereas the bylaw requires a minimum lot width of 9.0m
4. To permit a reduced lot area of 241.8 square metres, whereas the bylaw requires a minimum lot area of 270 square metres.
5. To permit a reduced front yard setback of 3.0m, whereas the bylaw requires the setback to be the average of the existing setbacks of the abutting lots, in this case 3.96m.
This item will be heard by the Committee of Adjustment on May 21, 2014 starting at 1:00 pm at 101 Centrepointe Drive, Ben Franklin Place, The Chamber.
If you have any questions or comments for the Committee of Adjustment, please contact the Committee at Paul Conner at 613 580-2424 ext. 13459 or Fyrle Pucci at 613-580-2424, ext. 27584. Comments can be sent to