· Wellington Village’s population in 2016 was just over 3,700, an increase of 2.2% over 2011.
· Number of occupied private dwellings: 1,520
· Average household size: 2.4 people1
· Families with children make up the largest population group (38.4%), followed by families without children at home (30.6%), and individuals living on their own (28.7%)
· Majority of dwellings are single-detached and semi-detached homes
· The majority of private dwellings were constructed before 1970.
· West Wellington has fewer younger households (aged 15 to 34 years) than the city benchmark, and slightly more households in the 55 to 64 year age range.
· Wellington Village has a higher proportion of homeowners compared to the city average.
1Note: average value for Wellington Village calculated by summing information for separate DAs and dividing by 6. Not weighted.
Visit Councillor Leiper’s website for news and announcements in Kitchissippi Ward including public consultations and local events.
Sign up for Councillor Leiper’s Newsletter for a weekly update of City Hall news and a listing of all development applications in Kitchissippi Ward.
Check out our neighbourhood profile (along with neighbouring Champlain Park) at the Ottawa Neighbourhood Study. It presents a large range of indicators describing our community and the community resources and assets we enjoy in Wellington Village.