The Wellington Village Community Association (WVCA) is a volunteer, non-profit community group of local residents that represents over 1,500 households in our neighbourhood.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

1391 Wellingon Street West - proposed zoning by-law amendment

From the City of Ottawa:
I am contacting you today to provide you with documents regarding a recently submitted Zoning By-law Amendment application for 1391 Wellington Street West.

In this package, I have included a summary of the Zoning By-law Amendment Proposal being considered by the Planning and Growth Management Department.

Stay informed and involved

  • You can access additional information regarding this application online at Ottawa.ca/devapps or for general Zoning By-law Amendment information on Ottawa.ca/planning.

  • You can contact me if you have any questions or require additional information by telephone at 613-580-2424, extension 13944, or by email, at

1 comment:

  1. I received this notice in my mail box yesterday and shook my head. It is a perfect example of the City consulting residents after the fact. Renovations have been going on at this property for months now installing the radio station. From what I have been told by Bell workers installing services there, they have also been broadcasting from there for weeks as well. I also suspect the building has already been sold as the "for sale" sign came down several months ago.
    I am not sure why the City even bothers with this matter that will be officially considered in October when this is clearly a file to be rubber stamped without any meaningful consideration. This is a waste of time and financial resources.
    As a resident owning an adjacent property I am reminded once again that our Mayor, Councillors and City staff clearly value development dollars over those who have paid taxes in this city and in our case, at this particular location for 40 years.
    I do hope the WVCA joins us in commenting on this application and the futility of consultations that occur after the fact.

    ReplyDelete